Whether above ground or below the Earth’s surface, REA goes deep into the science of underground cave formation and local geology. Explore the back country or delve the depths with guides trained by on-staff geologists!
Main office location & gem mine.
1655 Hwy 105
Boone, NC 28607
New River Outpost
Near Fleetwood NC, West Jefferson NC, Fleetwood Falls, and Glendale Springs.
Please give us a call for directions.
6201 Castle Ford Road
Todd, NC 28684
French Broad Outpost
Near Asheville, NC and a short drive from Boone and Banner Elk. This location is also close to Hot Springs.
7529 Hwy 25/70
Marshall, NC 28753
Watauga River & Cave Outpost
Our river-side outpost is close to Boone, Banner Elk, Johnson City, and Bristal.
187 Patterson Ln
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Whether you are going just a few miles or from town to town, our shuttle service can make your event worry free. Get a mountain shuttle for your party, wedding, or other special events. We have a variety of options for you from 15 passenger vans to a 36-passenger bus and we can handle groups from 4 to 200. You can expect clean vehicles and safe responsible drivers. We have the lowest rates for transportation in the area. References available, just give us a call!
- $100/hour/van 1st 3hrs
- Minimum: $300/van
- $80/hour/van each hour after 3hr
- Fee will be rounded to the closest half hour ($50/half hour)
- Reservations are to be made with a credit card, and a $100 cancellation fee will be charged if the shuttle is cancelled within 7 days of the event.
Shuttle Policy & Procedures
- REA will arrive for shuttle at least 15 minutes before first scheduled pick-up.
- REA will not make detours for guest (ex. stop for cigarettes.)
- REA will make stops only at prearranged destinations.
- No open containers with alcoholic beverages or messy food in the shuttle vehicle.
- No smoking in REA vehicles.
- REA does not provide for car seats or boosters. Parents should make other arrangements.
- Uncontrollable drunk people will not be shuttled.
- Any damage to the vehicles by guests will be the responsibility of the group or person paying the shuttle fee (charged to the credit card REA has on file.)
Bed & Breakfasts
- Valle Crucis.com
- Lazy Bear Lodge The hospitality of our neighbors Anne, Ethel and BoBo cannot be beat!
- Mast Farm Inn Built in 1812, provides lodging in a historic setting – within the inn, cabins, and cottages on grounds with organic flower and vegetable gardens.
- Taylor House Inn is a wonderful bed and breakfast. The majestic surrounding valley scene is the perfect setting for quality time.
- Beech Mountain Classics Check them out for all season rentals.
- At your Wits End Located in Blowing Rock, Boone, App Ski Mtn, and Banner Elk, we have luxury and budget cabins in the Boone/ Blowing Rock areas of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Our cabins are close to all the activties in the area. You can ski at one of the three resorts, snow tube at the Eastern United States largest tube runs, spend a day at Tweetsie Railroad, go whitewater rafting, horseback riding, golfing, fishing, hiking, canoeing and you are close to Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Linville, Jefferson and many other mountain towns.
- A and W Mountain Rentals for vacation rentals in Beech Mtn, Sugar Mtn, Banner Elk, Newland, Foscoe and Linville
- Jenkins Realty offers the largest inventory of Blowing Rock and Boone rental chalets, log cabins, condominiums, and mountain homes within a short distance of all the High Country attractions
- www.logcabinrentals.com Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals is the oldest vacation rental company in the High Country. We offer over 65 of the areas premier vacation rental properties featuring true log cabins and mountain style homes. Valle Crucis, so named in the 19th Century, is the only rural historic district in North Carolina.