Voted the #1 outdoor adventure in Boone, NC on Tripadvisor.com by visitors from around the world! 5 years running in the #1 position!
The mission of River and Earth Adventures is to explore, have fun, educate, and share the wonders of the High Country with YOU.
We are members of the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce, High Country Host, Ashe County Chamber of Commerce, Avery County Chamber of Commerce, Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce, Banner Elk Chamber of Commerce, Madison Country Chamber, Carter Country Chamber Chamber, American Whitewater, American Canoe Association, and the National Speleological Society.
How are we different from the other outfitters in the high country?
- We are a company where the guides are also the owners.
- We are the ONLY company that serves as much local food as they can find or dig up!!
- We are the only company focused on education. We promise not to bore you, but we also promise that you will learn something!
- We guarantee the best experience!
- We use only top-of-the-line equipment.
Meet the Owners
Laura Mallard Seldomridge
Land based program director. Laura teaches geology at Appalachian State University.
Manager and water based program director. Grant is ACA (American Canoe Association) certified in whitewater kayaking and instruction in addition to being a graduate of Appalachian State University’s Recreation Management Program.